Welcome to AHEC
Join AHEC Bylaws
The Alaska Health Education Consortium (AHEC) is a statewide organization of health educators and health providers dedicated to health education and health promotion in Alaska. Founded in 1976, its purpose is to provide leadership toward the advancement of health education and health promotion in Alaska.
Get involved with AHEC and …
- Network with other health related agencies and professionals
- Advocate for comprehensive health education and health promotion programs
- Shape health related legislation and policy making
- Learn how to become a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
- Stay current on latest theory and practice through continuing education opportunities
- Recognize outstanding health education and health promotion efforts through nominations for the Barbara Berger Award for Excellence in Health Education
Make your next health professional meeting eligible for Category I CHES credits and help promote quality continuing education opportunities in Alaska. Learn about the CHES accreditation process.
AHEC is a partner of the Alaska Health Education Library Project. For information on upcoming events, health education and health promotion programs and resources in Alaska, visit www.ahelp.org